Painful Sting: - Mauve Stinger (very common) - Box jellyfish - Portuguese man o' war - nomadic jellyfish.
Mild /No Sting: By-the-wind sailor - Comb Jellies - Cigar jellyfish - Fried egg jellyfish - Moon jellyfish-
Sea lung - Blue Button - Crystal Jellyfish
Seen a species of jellyfish not shown. Take a good photo or keep the specimen alive in a bucket full of seawater; Contact us on 79604109 or 23403704 for collection of specimen.
Take photos of jellyfish seen where possible.
Sting treatment advice
- Use only seawater for rinsing or soaking - Never freshwater
- Remove any attached tentacles with tweezers, card or stick
- DO NOT apply alcohol
- DO NOT RUB the area
- For species A - apply mixture of bicarbonate and seawater
- For species B - apply vinegar
- For species C - apply hot packs or hot water immersion for 10 - 20 minutes
- For species D - apply ice or cold packs
Seek immediate medical aid if you have: difficulty breathing or swallowing, chest pain or intense pain in the area.
Public health Contact \Number: 2122 4071
Sending a Report
Web: www.ioikids.net/jellyfish to fill a quick and easy online form
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org